Acknowledgment of Risks, Injury & Obligations
I acknowledge that the activity I am to undertake is a dangerous activity and that by participating in it I am exposed to certain risks. I acknowledge and understand that whilst participating in such activity:
- I may be injured, physically or mentally.
- My personal property may be lost or damaged.
- I may cause injury to other persons or damage their property
- The conditions in which the activity is conducted may vary without warning.
- I may be injured or suffer damage to my property as a result of the negligence or breach of contract of Cathedral of Fitness
- There may be no or inadequate facilities for treatment or transport of me if I am injured .
- I assume the risk of and responsibility for any injury, death or property damage resulting from my participation in the activity.
I participate in the activity at my sole risk and responsibility. I release, indemnify and hold harmless Cathedral of Fitness & Club Crest A Division of Classic Mall Development Company Pvt. Ltd., servants and agents, from and against all and any actions or claims which may be made by me or on my behalf or by other parties for or in respect of or arising out of any injury, loss, damage or death caused to me or my property whether by negligence, breach of contract or in any way whatsoever.
Cathedral of Fitness maintains and enforces Membership Rules to make sure that using our gym is as safe and enjoyable an experience as we can make it for all of our Members.
We're sorry for being direct, but we reserve the right to terminate your Membership immediately if you do not abide by these Membership Rules. We hope that you understand.
As a Member of COF you agree that you will:
- COF will be opened between 06:00 am - 11:00 pm (Monday to Sunday). Timings are subject to change without prior notice.
- COF will remain closed on certain Public Holidays. Information on holidays will be displayed on the notice board at the front desk.
- Use your unique Membership Card every time you enter and exit the club.
- If a card is lost, a replacement will be made on receipt of Rs.500/- to cover our administrative costs.
- Keep your Membership Card to yourself and not share it with or allow it to become known by anyone else.
- Not share your entrance pod with anyone else or allow access to any other person (we monitor your Membership Card use and it's easy for us to spot when people do this).
- Attend an induction if you are a wheelchair user or are under 18 years old.
- Strongly consider attending a gym induction, particularly if you are a first-time gym user, before using the gym
for the first time as you are then more likely to achieve your goals (inductions can be booked in the front desk).
- Members are requested to retain all invoices/receipts for any payment made by them. Any disputes/claims will not be entertained unless original invoice/receipt is produced
- Members with medical problems should declare their ailments in writing along with a doctor's certificate, before starting any exercise program
- Grant of membership admission and Renewals are solely at the discretion of the management
- Payment has to be done in full at the time of registration. In case of part payment, post-dated cheques (PDC's) must be issued during registration. EMI facility is available.
- Upgradation of the membership can be done within 30 days of joining (post 30 days, it can't be done)
- Carry and use a sweat towel to wipe down equipment after you have used it.
- Members are requested to change into their work-out shoes, after coming to the club in order to maintain hygiene and to avoid damage to the equipment.
- Not take photographs or videos on the premises or post remarks or imagery to the internet that could Identify another Member
- Replace equipment back onto the racks after you have finished with it.
- Not drop or throw weights down on the floor (including in the free weights area)
- Members must secure all their belongings in the locker and shall not allow it to be placed inside gym premises so as to cause inconvenience to other members or staff.
- No permanent locker available.
- COF holds no responsibility for loss of valuables or money kept in the lockers. The lockers are used solely at the risk of the members. Kindly vacate the lockers on a daily basis.
- Shared gym access with a non-member will result in forfeiture of membership effective immediately.
- Memberships or the personal training sessions are non-refundable and non-transferable. It cannot be exchanged with any group activities or different packages
- Nutrition counseling sessions will be offered on an appointment basis. One consultation with the nutritionist will be done at the time of registration (not renewal). A Diet chart would be given on request. All subsequent reviews will be charged
- Wear suitable clothing and clean footwear when exercising (denim, flip-flops or boots are amongst the range of clothing choices that is unsuitable).
Use the gym facilities and equipment in a proper manner and not in a way that might cause harm to yourself or others (just ask a member of staff If you are unsure).
- Not engage in any exercise activity that may be potentially harmful to you or others (this includes contact sports such as martial arts and boxing unless this is with one of our Personal Trainers).
- Not use, block or interfere with fire, emergency or disabled access doors or alarms (except in a genuine emergency).
- Not behave in an aggressive, abusive, intimidating, anti-social or threatening manner or in a way that might cause distress to staff or Members.
- Not conduct any Personal Training business with other members.
Come and go quietly so as not to disturb our neighbours.
- Freeze requests require a two week notice period, regardless of the reason for the freeze or the term of your membership through email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Maximum freeze time is 3 months for annual membership and 45 days for half yearly membership. (Memberships less than 6 months will not be entitled for membership freezing)
- Personal training sessions: Non-usage of personal training sessions (within the specified validity date) will not entitle any member for any refund or compensation either in terms of money or extended sessions
- The membership tariff and other services offered are subject to change without prior notice.
Use any parking facilities provided in accordance with the rules that the parking provider posts and may change from time to time (if you get a parking ticket we are not responsible)
- Members who exercise and use facilities during the period of membership are permitted to access at their (members) own risk. COF/COF Group will accept no responsibility for loss or damage to member's
- properties and belonging or for death or injuries sustained while on the premises. Members agree that no claims will be made against COF/COF staff for any reasons whatsoever. It is the member's responsibility to ensure that they correctly operate or use the facilities of the club including the adjustment of levels or setting on the equipment. If in doubt, as to how to correctly operate, members should consult the staff. Children below the age of 12 are strictly prohibited from entering the facility. Members aged between 13 to 18 years should be accompanied by a parent/guardian or should declare a written authorization from the parent/guardian who is responsible for such minor members.
- COF may, at any time, withdraw all or part of a facility for any period or periods and with or without notice In connection with any cleaning, repair, alteration or maintenance work or for any reasons beyond their control
- Tobacco, food, chewing gum, glass bottles, and cans are not permitted for use in the training facility. Personal non-breakable water bottles are allowed inside the facility
- Usage or carrying of Alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, and banned substances are not permitted in the centres and training facilities
- Members must be fully aware that they are engaging in physical exercise and training which may cause injury to them. Members agree that they are voluntary participants in physical exercise and the use of centre facilities and training and assistance by centre personnel and assume all risks of injury to them on account of such activities
- Member hereby agrees to waive all claims or rights they might have against the centre including the right to sue the centre and its employees for any injuries or claims aforesaid
- Member has carefully read the waiver and release clause and fully understands that this is a release of any and all future claims against centre for injury or risk of injury resulting from activities while attending centre facilities
- Member further agrees to release the centre from any liability for any loss or theft of their belonging while the member is inside the centre
- Members and guests with the following conditions should not use the steam rooms - Low/high blood
pressure, cardiac irregularities, asthma and pregnancy or any other ailment
- Put your litter in one of the bins we provide.
- Not engage in any type of criminal behaviour whilst on our premises.
- Not cause damage to the premises, our or another Member's property.
- Not force entry to locked doors.
- Not eat on the gym floor,
- Leave the premises before closing time (where COF does not operate 24/7).
- For safety standards, CCTV has been installed at the centre
- Fails to pay any monetary obligations under club rules and regulations.
- Is not able to provide proof of membership on request.
- Fails to follow the club rules and regulations prevailing and also the ones introduced from time to time, including time limits on cardio machines and any issue pertaining to gym etiquette.
- Willfully damages the properties of the club or the building facilities.
- provides incorrect information on the application form or does not disclose the necessary
details as required, including health-related ones.
- Violates any government laws, regulations or rules of the building management.
- Damages the name and reputation of the club through any form of actions.
- Fails to act in any orderly manner, misbehaviour or engage in improper conduct of Solicitation
of any kind
- Does any act which is in any manner disturbing or annoying other members of the club or disturbs
or disrupts the functioning of the club in any manner.
- In situations of deciding acts of violation, the decision of Club Crest is final.
Members will be requested to sign a copy of club rules & regulation form during their first visit and give an ID proof. Without signing up the club rules & regulation form and ID proof submission, no member will be allowed to use the facility COF. Signing up of club rules & regulation and submitting ID proof is mandatory during membership enrollment and renewal as well.
The Management shall, at its discretion, modify or amend the provisions / rules contained herein and any such modification or amendment shall be considered to be part and parcel of this By-Laws.